Subs indoors!

DiBonaventura
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys I been having alot of problems with my subs in my car so untill I get a more simple american made car I would like to put the subs in my room! I've already searched the forums and found 1 unhelpful thread so lets make this one helpful //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I have:

- 2 kicker CVR 12" 800rms- 1600max

- 1 cadence f700-1 amp which is also 800rms - 1600 max

- All the standard wiring for the car

Basically I've been thinking about getting a car battery and hooking it up but I wouldnt know where to ground the battery. So if any of you can help me out it'd be appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

U ground the amplifier to the battery terminal the battery doesnt need to be grounded. A power supply is much more practical in a home setup.
So something along the lines of a computer power supply and I just match up the fuse amps? Idk if I could get in trouble for this but Im not the best with all this electrical **** so this is the only way I can explain what I am talking about...

Also wouldnt all that power mess with the house? I know that plugging in a vacuum dims the lights that are on around me so I cant imagine what a sub would do 0.o

Please don't use a battery in your house unless it is sealed. Even then you would be much better off getting a power supply that can put out the kind of power you need to run an amp that size.

Please don't use a battery in your house unless it is sealed. Even then you would be much better off getting a power supply that can put out the kind of power you need to run an amp that size.
Yea I understand that using a car battery is a no go but wouldn't powering these subs be too much for my house? Im not trying to **** anything up :/

Yea I understand that using a car battery is a no go but wouldn't powering these subs be too much for my house? Im not trying to **** anything up :/
As long as you get yourself a decent power supply or two you should be fine. It can get very pricey though to find good quality power supplies. I believe there are some large computer type power supplies on ebay you can get for reasonable prices but you may have to make some small mods to them to get them to work in your application. By the time its all said and done man you may just find its easier and cheaper to buy a home subwoofer amp to power these subs .

Buy a used home amp to power them. Theres no sense buying a power supply that your never going to use again. I bought a carver tfm-24 for a shade over 200$. You can use it for another home stereo or even sell and not lose any$. There is also other amps that are cheaper.

Dayton Audio SPA250 250 Watt Subwoofer Plate Amplifier

The Dayton Audio SPA250 subwoofer amplifier produces 250 watts of clean power output, and combines with a host of flexible user options to make it an unbeatable choice. A user-configurable bass boost circuit creates a 6 dB peak at 35 Hz, which allows sealed subwoofer designs and certain ported enclosures to achieve their optimum bass extension and maximum "flat" output.

The SPA250 features RCA line level and banana jack speaker level inputs and outputs, automatic power-on that is triggered by any audio input signal, and a phase reverse switch to match the subwoofer to your room and your other speakers. A single amp can accept a stereo input signal and combine it into mono, which is preferred for sub bass reproduction. A preamp or receiver's LFE output may be connected to the SPA250's Left (mono) input. The internal low pass crossover is fully adjustable between 40 and 180 Hz, and of course the amp has built-in protection against internal and external faults.

• Variable low-pass filter at 24 dB/octave attenuation from 40 Hz ~ 180 Hz

• Switchable phase 0° (NOR) or 180° (REV)

• Variable gain MIN/MAX input voltage dependent

• Speaker level high-pass outputs 6 dB/octave at approximately 90 Hz @ 4 ohms, 180 Hz @ 8 ohms (i.e. 220 uF electrolytic capacitor)

• Line-level full bandwidth (10 Hz- 20 kHz) outputs/throughputs for adding or "daisy chaining" additional amplifiers

• Subsonic filter 12 dB/octave high-pass filter centered at 20 Hz

• Damping factor at rated power: 114 @ 100 Hz

Specifications: • Measured power output: 156 watts RMS into 8 ohms @ 0.1% THD, 252 watts RMS into 4 ohms @

You can get yourself a plate amp like this at Parts Express..Works great on car subs!Only $125.00

As long as you get yourself a decent power supply or two you should be fine. It can get very pricey though to find good quality power supplies. I believe there are some large computer type power supplies on ebay you can get for reasonable prices but you may have to make some small mods to them to get them to work in your application. By the time its all said and done man you may just find its easier and cheaper to buy a home subwoofer amp to power these subs .
I feel it :/ Id get a home sub but I dont think it would hit nearly as hard as my subs so in my mind they arent worth it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif(

Buy a used home amp to power them. Theres no sense buying a power supply that your never going to use again. I bought a carver tfm-24 for a shade over 200$. You can use it for another home stereo or even sell and not lose any$. There is also other amps that are cheaper.
Are there home amps that are 800rms and 1600 max? 0.o

I feel it :/ Id get a home sub but I dont think it would hit nearly as hard as my subs so in my mind they arent worth it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif(

Are there home amps that are 800rms and 1600 max? 0.o

There are pro amps that are over 2000. But that carver i have i know will drive those hard.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.