subs in same chamber.........

Same subs getting the same signal=no problem. If you are running the subs on different amps or two channels of the same amp you must make sure that the amps are gain matched in the first case and the signal is mono in the second case. If you can't ensure either of these, then you should run separate chambers.

also, it WILL NOT increase SPL. If you have 2 subs in separate chambers that are 2 cubes each, and 2 subs in 4 cubes common chamber there will not be any difference.(obviously given same subs, and amount of power.) peace

NG

nah, um rubnning a box with 2 chambers fit for 2 subs on each side of the box. 2 share a chamber on each side and vent towards the back then out the front. i wondered the same thing b4 i got the box. since then i built a ported box with a common chamber.

one things ive noticed though with common chambers, is a peice of wood betweent he 2 subs about 6 inches long. its almost like 2 dif chambers except cutting 80% of the brace out and leaving a little bit. whats the point to this?

well let me put it this way, u r better off doing 2 chambers because if one sub breaks or sumthing or an amp goes your sound is going to get all shitty because its one sub and all that extra room

I have a box with 2 10s in the same chamber and one of them isn't working as well (got depressed in during storage). I have to eventually get them in different chambers. In the meantime, does anybody know how I can best match the two subs together? Should I look for the excursion and try to set the amp so that they move out about the same distance? Should I listen and set the amp to the highest bass I hear? Should I disconnect the bad sub and just run the good one?

Thanks for the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.