subs in a tacoma?

spike_e
10+ year member

ballin on a budget
my dad is tryin to sell his truck and there is a young guy who is very interested but wants to put 12 or 15's but he took it to the local ckr and they told him all he could fit were 8's. anyone know a way to fit bigger subs?

With back seats in place.. you're probably looking at a few 8's or 10's

Without back seats, the possibilities expand to 12's, 15's or even an 18

i got a 2001 xtra cab and have my 2 12" re se's ported. fits easy. all below the window line. so i know for a fact i could fit a pair of 15's ported back there. dont know if you're talking about standard cab or the one with 4 doors...

even with a standard cab you can EASILY fit 10's and even 12's. just depends on box space.

With back seats in place.. you're probably looking at a few 8's or 10'sWithout back seats, the possibilities expand to 12's, 15's or even an 18
very true . their is one outside right now . the most i see that could fit is 10s

What year/cab Taco? I've got a single ported 10 behind the back seat of my 04 doublecab, no loss of seating room and my jack, first aid kit and jumper cables are still stored behind the back seat.

Wouldn't have happened if I listened to my local shops instead of reading and learning here...

01 double cab
The biggest trick I found was to move the bottom of the seatback forward about 1 1/2" by redrilling the brackets. Actually makes the backseat more comfortable and added enough depth to get a decent 10 in there.

A pair of ported 10s could be done, behind the back seat, if the drivers were chosen carefully and the boxbuilder was willing to use some fiberglass. I settled with a single, ported 10 because I wasn't willing to give up all the storage space behind the back seat.

IDQ10, V1 is what worked for me. I'd look at RE SE or SR10s, IDQ10s or eD 10s to start...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.