Subs in a 2001 Civic

Participant count
  • Participant list

cstek
10+ year member

I threw a post up earlier about my one of my kappa subs going out. Now I am going back to the drawing board(sort of). After having my 140 amp ohio gen alternator and a hc1400 battery in the car I feel I can handle a little more than 2 kappa's.(I also have big 3 wiring) I have been on here and you tube looking to see what subs are best for my Honda civic(2001). I had my Kappa's facing the inside of the car with the seats down powered by a cadence 750.1d. I was happy with that setup, but as somebody once told me on here they are great beginner subs.

I think I am convinced on going with a new sundown amp for sure, thats one thing I have finally got to decide on after researching on here. Heres my criteria I have a sealed box with 1.2c/f of space,per 12 inch sub x2. The box fits real good in the trunk of my civic so I would like to keep that. The reason I went with Kappa's before is because I like SQ and I want to stay with that just louder. I looked at J/L audio but most people are saything they are good but way over priced. I agree. I am not hung up on putting name brand subs in my car, I want bang for the buck. I really dont want to spend more than 500 for 2 subs, preferably 400, and the amp money is seperate. If I go with anything way bigger I think I will need another battery?

Here are a few things I do know. Kicker is not a good sub for me, or for my box setup. The J/L audio w3 subs specs would work well with my box. I looked at the new new kappas, but I am unsure about the new 3 voicecoil selectable resistance.

Thanks for the help, I am not trying to be someone on here who hasnt done research and just posted saying here I am help me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

its sundown u noob //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

you wanna get loud? ditch the sealed box and go ported. you like SQ? 2 fi q's ported tuned low and you will have unbelievable response.

its sundown u noob //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
you wanna get loud? ditch the sealed box and go ported. you like SQ? 2 fi q's ported tuned low and you will have unbelievable response.
he said he want to keep his box.

I have considered going with a different box, but again if I go ported I dont think the box will fit with 2 12's the way I have it setup. Thanks for the responses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.