Subs FS same as my car's peak.

hispls
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Made some new 12's today I'm very happy with, but they have FS of 55hz. They sound quite good in a large, somewhat low tuned box, but thinking of SPL box application I see high impedence being an issue though I think there must be some opportunity for efficiency here somewhere.

Anyone have any experience with this?

What's the Qts? 

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

And Vas while we're at it?
* f(s)= 55.18 Hz

* R(e)= 6.10 Ohms

* Z(max)= 29.10 Ohms

* Q(ms)= 2.649

* Q(es)= 0.703

* Q(ts)= 0.555

* V(as)= 20.580 liters (0.727 cubic feet)

* L(e)= 3.47 mH

* n(0)= 0.47 %

* SPL= 88.81 1W/1m

* M(ms)= 213.40 grams

* C(ms)= 0.04 mm/N

* BL= 25.35

I expect Fs, Qms and Qts to shift a little bit as the suspension loosens up, but in theory I can change compliance with different softparts

Surprised to see Qes sitting at .7 while BL is at a pretty respectable 25ish.
Something about this neo motor... this was an 18" I did with the dual 2.8 ohm Aluminum and very stiff suspension:

Fs 45.09 [Hz]

Zm 21.64 [Ohms]

BL 22.81 [N/A]

Qms 2.897

Qes 0.984

Qts 0.735

Vas 113.900 [liters]

L10k 2.86 [mH]

n0 1.01 [%]

dBSPL 92.15 [1W/1m]

Ms 329.30 [grams]

Cms 0.04 [mm/N]

Qes and Qts are generally very low with ceramic sig.

Interesting. Yeah, Qes/Qts should be insanely low, all things being equal. Seems like either you could fit more layers in the gap or the motor needs a chargin'.

Or maybe that's jes how it is, lol.

Interesting. Yeah, Qes/Qts should be insanely low, all things being equal. Seems like either you could fit more layers in the gap or the motor needs a chargin'.
Or maybe that's jes how it is, lol.
Gap is tighter than a 12 year old's shoelaces and if you ever tried to remove something ferrous that was stuck to these motors you wouldn't question the integrity of the neo....really even assuming the neo lost 80% of it's strength it would still have as much magnetic force as the ceramic sig.

Just how it is I think, these motors give some wild specs with aluminum coils as well.

Gap is tighter than a 12 year old's shoelaces and if you ever tried to remove something ferrous that was stuck to these motors you wouldn't question the integrity of the neo....really even assuming the neo lost 80% of it's strength it would still have as much magnetic force as the ceramic sig.
Just how it is I think, these motors give some wild specs with aluminum coils as well.
Crazy.
Well, either way, keep doin' it. And I hope you didn't take my suggestions as me underestimating your abilities, wasn't aiming at that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.