subs for rap music

skatenc
10+ year member

nc
i was planning on geting a 15" magnum d2 but i have seen this sub discribed many times as being "punchy". this sounds like this sub is meant more for like rock music and fast quick bass lines not deep rap bass. correct me if i am wrong i am just a litle bit confused. wouldnt the 15 be a little deeper? would this sub be fine for rap or does anyone have recomendations for a sub a little better suited for rap than rock thanks

When most peopel say punchy abotu the magnum they mean its veryaccurate from what i hear it hits lows with the best of them.

would this sub be fine for rap or does anyone have recomendations for a sub a little better suited for rap than rock thanks
I think a mag will work great for what you want.

As for a suggestion for something that would work even better for rap.... check my sig.

so would a XXX fit my Rock and Roll style better with that technology than say a Mag?? I listen to alot of live music: i.e. Phish, Widespread Panic, MOE., Gov't Mule, Moonshine Still, etc. suprisingly alot of people that listen to these bands don't spend much money on systems. I try to get my system sounding as close to a live show as possible.

Magnum d2 will not disappoint you at all. I have 2 12" in 2.5 cubes each ported @33hz. With near 1400 watts rms on each one...the experience is just amazing. It was even amazing when i first had 700 watts total. BUT, anyway...i listen to all types of music. It is accurate and well rounded on all my rock and with the rap...WOW it is loud and amazing. It's accurate even with rap, and my box does go boom...lol. peace

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.