subs for IB

Brock
5,000+ posts

SEXYTIME!! NIIICE!
My friend just bought a new 3z and it has room for two 10" subs behind the seats in the storage bins, the only catch is that it is an IB setup ( i just looked in the dark so I dont really know the whole scoop on space yet). Since im not very up-to-date with all the new products, please suggest me some good options. And please, no rediculous prices here fellas.

p.s. (mods) LOOK!!!! I actually posted something somewhere other than the lounge!!! I think i broke my year(+)-long streak.

Ohh ohhh...I know who has a flat cone o //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif (me)

i have a pair of those...

how would you do and IB in a trunk? just make like a stand up

bracket to mount the subs in and make sure they stay in place?

would it be comparable more to a ported or sealed amount of

output???

how would you do and IB in a trunk? just make like a stand up bracket to mount the subs in and make sure they stay in place?
I've seen it done where the rear deck was reinforced with wood or some other baffle material, and holes for the subs were drilled right into the rear deck. The trunk was sealed airtight.

would it be comparable more to a ported or sealed amount of output???
It would be less than both - after all, infinite baffle is an extremely large sealed box, so it has a very flat response curve, excellent transient response, and low output. The perfect SQ setup...

Two routes you can go for IB:

Low Qts/ Low Fs

High Qts/ Moderate to high Fs

Good IB subs off the top of my head:

eD as mentioned

Image Dynamics IDMax

Image Dynamics ID10v3

Soundsplinter Rl-i 10"

I've seen it done where the rear deck was reinforced with wood or some other baffle material, and holes for the subs were drilled right into the rear deck. The trunk was sealed airtight.

It would be less than both - after all, infinite baffle is an extremely large sealed box, so it has a very flat response curve, excellent transient response, and low output. The perfect SQ setup...

thanks!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

how would you do and IB in a trunk? just make like a stand up

bracket to mount the subs in and make sure they stay in place?
And you need to remember that the frontwave needs to be completely isolated from the backwave. Which means you would have to totally seal off the trunk so that front of the sub and rear of the sub are completely isolated from each other.

would it be comparable more to a ported or sealed amount of output???
As Jack said; low ouptut levels generally.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.