Subs for a Chevrolet Suburban

whonc

Need help deciding what subs are best for a Suburban. I have two amps waiting for the subs, JBL GTO 1201.1 II that run stable at 2 ohms (1000w). I more an SQ person than an SPL, but I like the subs hit hard. Space is not an issue. I was looking the JL 13W7AE for a more SQ listening or for the RE MX 18's.

Need help in trying to decide if bigger is better in this case and if some of you have any other recommendations.

I highly recommend the Exodus Audio Tempest-X2. The XBL^2 motor it has helps keep the sub's motor force linear which means less distortion and better sound quality than the overhung subs that everyone below me is going to recommend (e.g. SA-12 which people love to recommend, it is beefy and does not sound like crap but will not sound as accurate as the stuff I am recommending in this post due to the generic overhung motor). They handle 1000WRMS each.

Another excellent sound quality woofer that I absolutely love and currently run in my living room is the AV series from Acoustic Elegance. They use the Lambda motor which you can read about on their site. It also has incredible sound quality. I run the AV15x to be specific. Of the subwoofers I have owned, it is my favorite yet.

There are other brands that also produce good XBL^2 subs like Stereo Integrity and Creative Sound Solutions but they do not have any products for you at the moment (SI is waiting to sell their latest line and CSS only has up to 10" at the moment but will be bringing back a 15" someday)

DIYCable.com for Exodus Audio, AE Speakers, Creative Sound Solutions

if you are not really into music then you will not miss anything by not getting the w7's. There are other speakers on the market that will get as loud for cheaper...My buddy's cvx's get almost as loud as my dub 7's (they sound like $#it but who am i lol) Its kinda like having an ipod shuffle and buying some studio beats for them...know what your system is worth to you.

I have a Q12 in about .8 stuffed, sealed, and I think it sounds pretty bad (inaccurate, not detailed), personally. I'll be replacing it with one of the things that I listed above once I build a new box.
Sounds like enclosure issues.

OP-

Almost any sub(s) will perform well. The biggest thing on looking for subs would be your budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.