Subs Dropped to 2 ohms Do all sets of channels need to match 2 ohms?

The whole system should be at the same ohm rating as sub channels ohms

• all channels shoud be same ohms

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • diffrent channel sets can use other ohms

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

gabrielpanoussi

So if my subs two single coil 4 ohm subs are wired in parallel do all channel sets need to be at 2 ohms as well.

My deck has low ouputs for subs rear and front. So again if the sub output is going to be 2 ohms on my 2ohm stable amp do the front and rear full channel speakers need to be wired in a way to match that sub channel (in this case 2 ohm).

I doubt this is true because I have not seen 2 ohm front speakers and no one has 2 front speakers wired to drop them to 2 ohms. It has been years since I wired up a system and wanted to check my sanity.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...