subs cut out

Participant count
  • Participant list

ballenm04
10+ year member

I need as much help as i can get from you guys. I have taken my boss' 2006 mustang and installed a system into it. he originally had the shaker 500 system in it. He made an LCD monitor for it and also a carputer for it. We bypassed all the factory system. I replaced the component speakers with some pioneer 3-ways. And they are hooked to a Pioneer 250w amp. The Subs are the factory shaker subs. (8" DVC) All that I did there was hook them up at 2ohm and ran them off of a 140w Pioneer amp. Both amps are being run off of a Power Akoustic 2.0F capacitor. The carputer is being run straight off of battery power.

Now for the question. When the subs actually get a decently strong signal the bass goes out for a short period of time then comes back on. What i think is that the amp is going into protection but I cannot figure out why. All of my gain and eq settings are normal. Please help me out!!!!!!!!!!

what do you mean by factory shaker subs? stock in the car? if so were they originally running @ 2ohm or 8ohm? they might not be ment to run 2ohm.

They were originally run as each vc to its own channel. Also I originally had them at 4ohm, when we put power to them they rattled. I had the problem before so I changed the wiring to 2ohm and they are clear. The only problem is that they cut out when they get a decent load. After doing some research I found out that the factory subs are rated at 1.25ohm. So I know that they can handle the 2ohm that they are currently wired at.

Dear GOD.

You sound like you have a small clue as to what's going on.. but not much after that.

If the subs are DVC 1.25.. and you have them both wired to one amp.. you are NOT at a 2 ohm load. What you need to do is wire the subs like this

This will give you roughly a 1.5-2ohm load at the amp. You should also make sure that the sub amp that you are using is even capable of going down under 2 ohms.

Secondly! Get rid of the capacitor and get a FUSED distrobution block.

I still can't believe you replaced factory COMPONENTS with three-way coaxials.

you also need to deaden the doors. Those subs are going to sound like crap when you run power to them without proper deadening.

Yeah so I did wire them like this and what do you know it sounded like crap telling me that I should not have wired them like so.

Secondly, I had to get a cap because if I were to turn up the level to the speakers it all would kill, lights would dim and all of that good natured stuff that lets you know that you need a cap, and on top of that I do have fused blocks all around.

And lastly, the doors of the mustang don't need deadening because of the way that the speakers are mounted.

Yeah so I did wire them like this and what do you know it sounded like crap telling me that I should not have wired them like so.
Secondly, I had to get a cap because if I were to turn up the level to the speakers it all would kill, lights would dim and all of that good natured stuff that lets you know that you need a cap, and on top of that I do have fused blocks all around.

And lastly, the doors of the mustang don't need deadening because of the way that the speakers are mounted.
If the lights are dimming without the cap then the first thing you should of done was the big3, look for sticky on top of page, then go for 2nd battery for amps to run off of. Also it doesnt matter how the speakers are mounted the door should still be sound deadened.

reguardless to needing or not needing to deaden the doors, (Why deaden if I don't get a rattle) what the hell is making my subs cut out after they get a decent amount of signal to them. Could it be that I have a bad ground. I am using a common ground for everything. Should I change that and give 2 common grounds or does that matter. another thing that I wanted to ask is if I should use a larger AWG wire for my gound right now my thickest ground is a 8AWG.

Quit trying to bash me and just give me some info, I really don't give a rats ass about who is smarter in this thread. That is why people come here is to get information when they don't know.

its not the fact that people think they are smarter, its just you are a douche and think you know what is hooked up and think it is going to sound better because its aftermarket. That bose system would of sounded better than poineer 3ways.

I replaced the component speakers with some pioneer 3-ways

Why? thats dumb replacing components with speakers? i dont understand do you have a reason you did that?

I have no idea what is going on with your setup besides maybe a wrong ohm load you are running them at causing you amp to go into protect. Which is most likely the case.

wow, this site sux and i do have to say that everyone here is full of themselves. I come here for help, as do many other people and all i get is a ton of ******** trying to prove themselves better than everyone else. Honestly I don't care who is smarter than who. All that I want to know is the answer to the question. If you don't know then you don't know. I am not going to look down on you for not knowing. If you do know, a simple answer would work great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.