Subaru STi box build

shake this
10+ year member

Built this for a friend last night. He really needs to invest in some sound deadening now.

IMG_4787.jpg

Trunk cleaned out and ready for the new cargo

IMG_4786.jpg

Getting pieces glued together…such exciting stuff

IMG_4778.jpg

How do you solve a problem with the potential of damage to a box or sub because a car has a tendency to get airborne and can corner like a go-kart…brace the crap out of it.

IMG_4776.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

Adding that little extra touch

IMG_4779.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

Decided on a white port to better match the car.

IMG_4785.jpg

Carpeted and ready to be installed

IMG_4783.jpg

Fits like a glove

IMG_4788.jpg

I didn't think he was expecting to either but I told him DD subs are space hungry. You don' realize how much 2.5^3 is until you put it into prospective. However, he was very happy with the outcome

The port dimensions were just one of a few challenges we faced but nothing that a little forethought couldn’t fix. My major concern was getting port noise from the drastic angle from the slope but we were able to work it out thanks to the help of a little router magic. LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.