Subaru Crosstrek...need speakers/amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nubster

Have the head unit covered...Kenwood DDX 470. I'm installing it tomorrow if the harness and dash kit arrive.

Anyways...doors have 6.5 speakers and there's tweets in the dash. I plan to replace the front doors and probably disconnect the rear...at least for now. Not sure what to do with the dash. Not looking for high-end...just an upgrade because anyone that has had a Subaru...you know their stock systems ****! So I'm open for whatever...2 way for the doors, components to utilize the dash space...even 3 ways if they'd be the best option. I'd like to stay around $100 or so for the speakers and then I'd like to find an amp to push them. $300 total.

I still need to sound proof the front doors too. I'm doing the rear as well, but I need to do the car in sections due to cost. I'll probably use the Sound Deadener Showdown method for quieting down my car.

I'll add that I already have an old Clarion amp that pushes 30x2 rms from many years ago when I was into car audio. Not sure if that's worth even using or if I should get a new amp that's putting out more power. I'm selling a couple OEM parts off my new car so I'll have the $300...maybe up to $400 total to spend on new speakers/tweeters and an amp if needed. But I'll need cables and power/ground wire and all that good stuff too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.