sub wiring

ighettoboyi
10+ year member

Shot Caller
Isn't it possible to wire 3 subs into a regular impedence instead of the 2.67 or 1.3? To clarify, for example a given amp puts out 1000wrms x1 @ 4 ohms. You could just get two 4ohm dvc subs and wire it so that the pos and neg from the amp goes to one sub and then splits off to the other giving 500 each. Can't you do this same thing for 3? For example if I wanted to get like 3 idqv2's and give them 250 wattsrms each, couldn't i just get a 750x1 amp and split it up 3 ways instead of dealing with the wierd impedence loads?

If you have two 4ohm DVC subs, you can wire them series-parallel for a 4ohm load.

But if you have an odd # of subs (like 3), then you are stuck odd ohm loads.

Mono = NoChannels = Yes
hmm...well what about a 2 channel amp that's bridged into mono...isn't that the same thing? so are you telling me my subs are NOT getting 450w rms right now? i bridged the 2ch amp so it's supposed to be 900w x1 and its going to one sub, and coming out of that same terminal it are lines to the other sub...doesn't this technically force it to split ti 450 each?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.