Sub wiring

Is it acceptable to put two speaker wires in a subwoofer spring terminal when wiring my subs like this?https://images.crutchfieldonline.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2DVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg

Thanks,

Jeff
Why wouldn't be?? Only if the subs are DVC. What are the subs and amp your working with?

Please disregard John Kuthe...he's just a troll, that tells lies.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

I'd certainly think so. So probably not, since most here think I dont have the foggiest about car audio.
John Kuthe...
The only one that doesn't have a clue is you.

Why wouldn't be?? Only if the subs are DVC. What are the subs and amp your working with?
Please disregard John Kuthe...he's just a troll, that tells lies.

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

The only one that doesn't have a clue is you.
Gee, and yet a "clueless" EE like me gave the same advice!

John Kuthe...

Your not an EE. You didn't offer any advice.
I don't work as an EE, no, but I have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, 1995, Washington University St Louis!

Bet you don't have ANY college or university degrees!

John Kuthe...

2 DVC 2 Ohm SA-12's on an Alpine MRX-M110. I believe the wiring is correct, just didn't know if I should pigtail the amp wire, and attach one speaker wire per terminal, or if it is okay to put two wires in one terminal.

2 DVC 2 Ohm SA-12's on an Alpine MRX-M110. I believe the wiring is correct, just didn't know if I should pigtail the amp wire, and attach one speaker wire per terminal, or if it is okay to put two wires in one terminal.
2 wires in 1 terminal. It's how I do it and prob a good portion of us. Trust me, it's ok. Want me to send John Kuthe your direction so he can show.....nah n/m he might fvck that up somehow too lol

Yeah man exactly how you said it is done properly.

I don't work as an EE, no, but I have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, 1995, Washington University St Louis!
Bet you don't have ANY college or university degrees!

John Kuthe...

You keep saying you are but many of us have a hard time believing you actually are. You don't need a degree to install 3 amps and a DSP. I'm willing to bet none on here are even MECP certified to do any car audio. So tell me, do you need to go to school to get a degree for that?! NO. They're gonna look at exp and on who/what/where, etc. A few places would like a degree but isn't required. What's required is experience....5-10 years Plus. You have "0".

How do you know I don't have any college degree or credits? You don't know me fool.

You keep saying you are but many of us have a hard time believing you actually are. You don't need a degree to install 3 amps and a DSP. I'm willing to bet none on here are even MECP certified to do any car audio. So tell me, do you need to go to school to get a degree for that?! NO. They're gonna look at exp and on who/what/where, etc. A few places would like a degree but isn't required. What's required is experience....5-10 years Plus. You have "0".
How do you know I don't have any college degree or credits? You don't know me fool.
Then what educational degrees/certificates, etc. have you EARNED?

John Kuthe...

Then what educational degrees/certificates, etc. have you EARNED?
John Kuthe...
How many car stereo systems have you successfully installed?

ZERO

You have an EE degree...yet your amps almost burn down you mini-van (WITHOUT EVEN BEING PRESENTED A LOAD!!!)...can't figure out the inputs/outputs even with diagrams...you can't figure out how to turn on your own DSP from the HU...can't tune it...can't run the stereo (after someone else gets it running for you) without burning up your speakers...

...you have NO idea what you're doing...yet you dispense advice as though you have a clue.

In this case either answer is correct...if the guy wants to run his subs to a single lead (pair) he can...if he wants to parallel the speakers at the terminals by running (2) leads he can...electrically it's the same to the amp.

You're boasting that you gave the 'same' advice, therefore you must know what you're doing....WRONG.

How many car stereo systems have you successfully installed?
ZERO

You have an EE degree...yet your amps almost burn down you mini-van (WITHOUT EVEN BEING PRESENTED A LOAD!!!)...can't figure out the inputs/outputs even with diagrams...you can't figure out how to turn on your own DSP from the HU...can't tune it...can't run the stereo (after someone else gets it running for you) without burning up your speakers...

...you have NO idea what you're doing...yet you dispense advice as though you have a clue.

In this case either answer is correct...if the guy wants to run his subs to a single lead (pair) he can...if he wants to parallel the speakers at the terminals by running (2) leads he can...electrically it's the same to the amp.

You're boasting that you gave the 'same' advice, therefore you must know what you're doing....WRONG.
Stop being a P R ICK!!

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.