Sub wiring to amp help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

radrashad
10+ year member

Alright my dad hooked me up with a sub... something like visionik or like that... well anyways i have an oldsmobile alero... yes it has the crappy monsoon stock system but anyways i hooked up the sub to the amp and its really not loud at all. I have to turn the fade almost all the way to the back to hear the sub. And i know that the monsoon amp is crap but the front speakers in my car are still so much louder then the sub so i was just wondering how i can get the sub in my car to sound as loud has my front speakers? thanks.

So you saying there really is no way to get the sub as loud as my front speakers? my front speakers are stock, nothing special. Oh and btw the sub is supposed to use rca cables to hook it up but my amp just has regular wires that you twist to hook them up to the speakers so i just used some old speaker wire from my home system (kinda crappy wire) could that be a problem?

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure your setup could be improved upon but personally I wouldn't waste my time with it. It's never actually going to be loud or sound good. I'd hold off, browse around here, decide a plan of action with new equipment, and go from there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.