Sub Wiring Confusion...

darita
10+ year member

I'm a newbee and really confused about how to wire a sub. I am looking at two amps.

Kicker ZX1000.1 - RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 1000 watts x 1 chan.

AQ1200D

Output Power 14.4V @ 1% THD 510X1 @ 4 ohm,

870X1 @ 2 ohm,

1200X1 @1 ohm

Output Power 14.4V @ 5% THD 1470X1 @ 1 ohm

I'm powering two JL10W6's. So, before I even mount the speakers in the sealed box, I have to configure each of the speaker's voice coil wiring depending on how many ohms I need the speakers to be. Do I want the voice coils are wired in series or parallel for these amps?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Are the subs D4 or D2?

EDIT: Well after looking at the website, it looks like they only make a D6??? Strange...I guess you would wire them to a 1.5ohm load. Out of those two amps, I'd probably go with the Kicker...

D4, but I didn't know they were offered in anything else. In fact, I don't even know the difference between D4 and D2.
Then they must be the 10W6v2's right? In that case, you'd wire them to a 1 ohm load, and go with the AQ amp.

So, if I have the choice to go 4 ohm or 1 ohm, which do I want for these amps and why? By the way, I believe the speakers come configured 4 ohm.

So, if I have the choice to go 4 ohm or 1 ohm, which do I want for these amps and why? By the way, I believe the speakers come configured 4 ohm.
I already said you would want the AQ amp. Your subs are rated at 600w each, that amp puts out 1200w at a 1 ohm load (which is what you'll have)

go to a local audio store and have them do it if your new to the game. ask to watch. take the subs in there and ask what amp they would recomend.
No need, he has all the info he needs in this thread. It's not that complicated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.