Sub vs. Tube

standard
10+ year member

OK I really don't know much about anything but I just want to know why everyone says to get a good sub, rather than a tube for SPL. Then again, I read the specs for a bazooka and it says it's 8 times more powerful than a sub with the same power...? Is there something wrong with me getting a tube or is it just a preference rather than a fact?

Well bazookas are just subs mounted in a tube enclosure. Tubes tend to be pretty loud for their size because they usually combine an efficient driver with a ported enclosure. As far as being 8 times as powerful, that's a bunch of BS. If you tell us how much power you can provide, what amp you've got, and how much money you can spend we can give you suggestons on what subs and enclosures to use to get loud.

Actually, I alredy have 2 Visoniks on a legacy 1600 and they really don't have much bass in my costum box I bult for my Truck. I was looking to maybe buy another Legacy 1600 and run a pair of tubes off of it as well. I have an Isuzu Trooper so the room isn't much of an option. I could throw anything in the back of my truck smaller than a Honda Civic. I was just looking for some ideas on getting some more bass and I thoguht a tube would do the trick...?

An SAS Bazooka and other products work so well because the enclosure is designed particularly for the sub. As is the sub created for the particular enclosure. Now with that being said. If you build a properly sized and tuned ported enclosure. You will destroy any kind of bass tube. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

#1- If I wanted to save some room, would a tube be better off than another sub?

#2-would an 8in. tube put out more bass than a 10in enclosed sub with the same wattage?

These may sound like really stupid questions but that's why I'm a junior member; I'm just trying to learn.

1. It could work just as well in a small space.

2. Depends on the sub and the enclsoure. That's like comparing apples to banana's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif It could be, but most of the time the 10" sub will be louder. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.