cross overs

Participant count
  • Participant list
does any one know much about those confusing things, I have two 400 watt alplin mrvt407 amp set at 2ohms, running my for front speaker which consist of (2 3 1/4 an 2 4x6's per side) first amp , then the rear is pushing 2 6x9's and 2 component sets. and I have a visonik 1500watt mono block, running AT 2ohms pushing two hollywood 12 inch excrucion. this xover is a custic , with front in, out, rear in, out, and center, and sub . what should I do, loose the xover ore try to set the xover, this does not seem to be matching the right tone ins .

you have way to many source points to really make heads or tales of anything as well as different speakers with different power handleing. and it looks as if you have the party going on in the back seat:eek: look up and read on theories of superposition then re evaluate your system i think you would and definately could do more with less. one rule of thumb i can help you with is a smaller coned speaker with a small motor structure cant handle hi power on low frequencies as well as larger speakers. i am not saying what you have cant be simply helped from this xover it is just too confussing to offer advice on line without seeing and listening

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.