Sub upgrade with 2k to spare

JoeK
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ringtown, PA
I have an Fi BL 15 now and i wanted to upgrade to a better sub (or subs) that will run on 2k @ 1ohm. My maximum space is only 3.2cuft so it needs to work within that range.

I prefer lower tuning but im fine @ 32hz

I was also told that 2 12s would work better than a single 15, but 2 12s of high quality will be twice the price of a single 15; but what do you people suggest?

1 sub i could go for a XL m2, i heard they are ~$500 shipped; i was just told 2 12s would work better.

I like the idea of a single 15 more if itll sound good in my box

I have an Fi BL 15 now and i wanted to upgrade to a better sub (or subs) that will run on 2k @ 1ohm. My maximum space is only 3.2cuft so it needs to work within that range.
I prefer lower tuning but im fine @ 32hz

I was also told that 2 12s would work better than a single 15, but 2 12s of high quality will be twice the price of a single 15; but what do you people suggest?
how much port area are you running on that box?

I did ****** measurements (box was built by a pro tho) and its about 3' wide by 10.7' tall
that is about 10 sq in per cube, a little on the thin side..you say 10.7" tall..are you doing sub up/port back. or port to the side?...and you have at least 3" of clearance between the port opening and any trunk walls? You know where I am going with this, I am trying to figure out why that Fi does not sound good.

that is about 10 sq in per cube, a little on the thin side..you say 10.7" tall..are you doing sub up/port back. or port to the side?...and you have at least 3" of clearance between the port opening and any trunk walls? You know where I am going with this, I am trying to figure out why that Fi does not sound good.
It does sound good! Its port firing backwards and sub up

It does sound good! Its port firing backwards and sub up
hmm...sounds like you are just wanting more spl. Have you thought about running a couple of 12's sealed off from the trunk with subs/port forward firing through the back seats? I mean, I do not even know what you have back there, other than it is a trunk car, IIRC.

hmm...sounds like you are just wanting more spl. Have you thought about running a couple of 12's sealed off from the trunk with subs/port forward firing through the back seats? I mean, I do not even know what you have back there, other than it is a trunk car, IIRC.
'a couple of 12s' is the problem. Which 12s would be louder than my Fi that meets my space requirements. Idc about sealed or ported if it all sounds right. Back seats also do not go down

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.