Sub Replacement

Participant count
  • Participant list

adamguy85

Hey everybody,

I have a '97 VW Jetta with the stock alternator. (I'd like to upgrade to an HO, but the car has 170k, and I'm not sure it's worth dropping the $, but that's another discussion). Besides that, I have an Orion 2400D amp, and a 4 channel orion amp... I don't remember the model, but it's pushing 75x4 rms to my 4-ways. Long story short, I had a Pioneer TS-W3002d4, but it burned up. I presume I was just clipping it too bad, and it smoked. So, until I get a new car (which may be slightly over a year from now), I'd like to get a new sub, but I'm unsure of what to get. I've read that the pioneer isn't really a very good sub for the money, but I built a .8 cu ft sealed box for it to go in, and I don't really want to build another one. So basically, I'd like some advice from you fine folks. Should I get something in that realm of around 1k rms and take it easy with it (and what would you recommend for around $150-175 shipped?), Otherwise I can get an Infinity Kappa 120.9 for $97 shipped. I'm curious if, since this is only around 350 rms, I can expect it to tax my electrical system significantly less, and still get a pretty decent boom/sound quality blend?

Lots of questions, I suppose. just thought I'd see what people thought

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.