sub placement question

Participant count
  • Participant list

collin.k
10+ year member

Well im building a new box for my car (vw golf) and im wondering what the best placement is. I want to wall off behind the backseat, and have the port above the top of the rear seats, with plexi on the back of the box facing the rear hatch, so i can some LEDs in there and still (maybe) use the rear view mirror. my question is, whats the most efficent/loudest orrientation for the subs and port?subs back port forward, subs forward port back, or both sub and port forward or backwards?

oh yeah and does anybody want to work with me on a design for said box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I would tend to blame the amp more than tbe sub if all wiring checks out. Skar is known to be on the finicky side when abused (not enough power...
thanks DB, that definitely helps swallowing a $300 price tag 😂 these would essentially be running midbass for me too
What is your budget? With being exposed to Rain.. I would recommend looking at a marine grade SAS Bazooka for the sub stage
Don't forget Hoffman's Iron Law. You can have 2 of the 3: low end, efficiency/sensitivity or small enclosure size...
In that airspace you could go ported with th Si SQL 12@$369, hands down the best option in a 1.41 ported box. With 1000 watts RMS and 92 db...

About this thread

collin.k

10+ year member
collin.k
Vancouver, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from