Sub placement question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

de8212
10+ year member

georgia
I'm putting a small system in my 99 Dodge Ram Quad Cab. Would it be better to have a box made that the sub would fire downwards towards the floor or upwards into the bottom of the rear seat?

Went to a local shop today and they told me there wouldn't be a bit of difference as far as sound but i just wanted some other opinions.

Firing the driver towards the floor tends to excite the floor more (for obvious reasons) so you may end up with increased output at the frequencies the floor gets excited at. The sub output will be the same however.

Thanks for the replies. I tend to think that with it aiming at the floor it would create more "rattling" or vibrating metal, plastic, etc. Seems that going into the seat would not do that as much.

Would love to hear others opinions especially if they have a similar setup.

EDIT: Also wanted to mention I do not want any kind of deep bass. Just more of a punch type bass. Not sure if that makes sense. I don't listen to rap music, mostly just rock. SO i don't want to shake buildings as I drive by.

Still looking for additional input. Specifically, what sub will perform clean, tight bass? Probably looking at one 10" unless I went with multiple (2 or 3 ) 8".

And keep in mind space is pretty limited under the rear seat of my truck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.