Sub placement for SQ?

I read this article on best sub placement and was wondering: if the best placement for a sub is at the rear of the trunk facing back, why are these custom fabs put in the side facing center or facing up or just doing anything but facing back?

Over the summer, I plan to dump my prefabbed box for something more "flush" (for lack of a better term) but I'm stuck on one thing: what would be the best place to place it to ensure the best SQ?

I read this article on best sub placement and was wondering: if the best placement for a sub is at the rear of the trunk facing back, why are these custom fabs put in the side facing center or facing up or just doing anything but facing back?
Over the summer, I plan to dump my prefabbed box for something more "flush" (for lack of a better term) but I'm stuck on one thing: what would be the best place to place it to ensure the best SQ?
The best place for the sub is in the front of a vehicle....though that is hard to do in most ...

Most have them in the back facing forwards so they can blend it into their stage. The front would obviously be the best but most of us (in not all of us) don't have that kind of room.

The best place for the sub is in the front of a vehicle....though that is hard to do in most ...
You have a lot of posts, and I'm sure tons of knowledge (more than me I'm sure), but as long as you cross your sub over at 63hz, you can't tell where bass is coming from, it isn't directional. Not trying to "tell you" this, just knowledge for others. Of course you need an aggressive crossover point, and of course a great front stage to take over from 63hz and up

Edit: I'm far from an expert, just what I was told/learned a good 13+ years ago, but I've been out of the game for a long time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You have a lot of posts, and I'm sure tons of knowledge (more than me I'm sure), but as long as you cross your sub over at 63hz, you can't tell where bass is coming from, it isn't directional. Not trying to "tell you" this, just knowledge for others. Of course you need an aggressive crossover point, and of course a great front stage to take over from 63hz and up
Edit: I'm far from an expert, just what I was told/learned a good 13+ years ago, but I've been out of the game for a long time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
It's omni directional. But it's still in the back of the car. It don't have to be up front to sound like its up front but it helps. And makes it a lot easier

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.