RE audio sub, which model is it?

Towlieee
10+ year member

Missouri
Sooooo, curious if anyone can ID this sub from my ****** pictures lol.... Been a RE audio fan for years.

Anyways, I got this thing dirt cheap, built a 3.8ft3 box at 32hz

Currently throwing around 1kw-1.1kw to it, and keep smelling that good ole voice coil glue haha

I figured it was a SX when I seen it and googled it, now I'm kind of thinking it's an SE.... It specs at 2.8 ohm on each coil with my works dmm, going to yank it out tomorrow and check it with my personal dmm again since 2.8ohm doesn't make sense, as well as upload better pictures of it

2m6vk9f.jpg

k0sn42.jpg

@macsdad MAY know but when RE first made their line up they all looked the same. There was no sticker or marking on them to know for sure which model they were.

The SE has a rating of 600......while the SX is 1000rms. So if your really putting 1000-1100 to the sub and can smell the glue, 95% chance I say you gotta SE. I hear they don't like to go over the 600 rms rating much for the SE lineup. Still good subs tho....the 12 spoke basket vs. what they offer today still no comparison. I still have my SE's after 8-9 years and still playing strong.

Why is there a piece of electrical tape across the "E"? And the guy you bought the sub from didn't know which model it was either?

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']@macsdad MAY know but when RE first made their line up they all looked the same. There was no sticker or marking on them to know for sure which model they were.

The SE has a rating of 600......while the SX is 1000rms. So if your really putting 1000-1100 to the sub and can smell the glue, 95% chance I say you gotta SE. I hear they don't like to go over the 600 rms rating much for the SE lineup. Still good subs tho....the 12 spoke basket vs. what they offer today still no comparison. I still have my SE's after 8-9 years and still playing strong.

Why is there a piece of electrical tape across the "E"? And the guy you bought the sub from didn't know which model it was either?[/QUOTE]

If the motor is 6inches wide, se. If it's 6.5inches, or there abouts, it's probably an sx dude. The se has a 4 layer coil, and the sx an 8 layer one, hence the wider motor.

I still have a pair of the 12 spoke se 10s as well, one of them is in the wife's car on a ez501 at 2ohms, the other one is in my son's room on his home theatre system. I had them sealed at 1.2cuft net, on.a saz1500v3 at 1ohm, and I miss that set up.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']@macsdad
Why is there a piece of electrical tape across the "E"? And the guy you bought the sub from didn't know which model it was either?[/QUOTE]

It had a crack in the cone, friend got it for $30, he put some sort of glue on it and a piece of tape over it, sold it to me for $40, lol. Not ideal, but hell, for $40, can't go wrong!
I got it back running on a memphis 600w rms amp now.
Want to find out what it is exactly and snag another used one, pretty sure its a SE now, figure two on 1400-1600w rms would suffice lol

Sorry I haven't posted back, decided to paint the basket and go inverted, switched back to a lil memphis 600w rms amp I had, no more overheating and honestly sounds about just as loud.... Still would like to know exactly what the sub is, would like to buy a 2nd one used before long and throw a 1400w+ amp at a pair, but of course I need to know what this is before I can buy a second!

6.5" measuring the chrome area, 7" measuring from the edges of the magnet/black part

2zptqmq.jpg

34dsxva.jpg

edit: I can get better pics of needed, didn't realize how bad these photos were until uploading them and viewing them on my notebook lol

Bump and shamless plug on my new re-install lol

Repainted my memphis amp and tiny little mid/high amp lol.... Full install is far from done, need new front components, door pods, component amp, 2nd battery, bigger alt, budget 7" in dash flee-bay tv, false floor, better wiring lol.... But looks MUCH better. I'm about $105 into my build so far //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

j9v6mq.jpg

2q9z1gy.jpg

Clean up the wiring a little and looks pretty good so far for a daily.

I just sold my SE's lastnight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Certainly will miss them but making room for new subs.

Wait a sec...you got room on either side of the sub enclosure to mount amps to rather than the box itself. I can see some room on the left side and build yourself a custom amp rack for both amps.

Bump and shamless plug on my new re-install lolRepainted my memphis amp and tiny little mid/high amp lol.... Full install is far from done, need new front components, door pods, component amp, 2nd battery, bigger alt, budget 7" in dash flee-bay tv, false floor, better wiring lol.... But looks MUCH better. I'm about $105 into my build so far //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

j9v6mq.jpg

2q9z1gy.jpg
It looks like its coming along nicely...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.