$250 budget...looking for 12" sub to play up to 120hz WELL

Participant count
  • Participant list

maxmil982

I have some kicker kss65 components and they aren't very happy playing too loud below 120hz. Above 120hz they shine at max volume. So I'm looking for a good quality sub that will be able to hit those mid range frequencies up to 120hz which is where I plan on setting the hpf. I'd like the sub to play those higher frequencies clear, loud, and accurate as well as having great thump on the low end. I listen to mostly rap and R&B so that low end boom is equally important. I know this combination may be hard to attain at my price range but any suggestions on what good options there are would be appreciated. Lastly if someone knows a PERFECT fit for these requirements I'm willing to wait to save more money or find them used

Here is my amp if that helps:

Orion Hcca d2400 competition class Monoblock (old amp I know lol)

425rms @ 4ohm

800rms @ 2ohm

1200rms @ 1ohm

Sundown sd3 is an underhung woofer optimized for sealed boxes, but can be ran ported. They fit your budget. one to consider at least

Well I'll personally never run sealed. I ran ported even in Meca SQ. But for what you want, I suggest sealed. There is likely a t-line or other style box that would work, but you would need a good box designer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.