Sub output low volume?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cablegod

Hey guys.

I have an all alpine system. W960hdmi, componenets up front, 6.5 in back. 2 12" subs. I'm am using one amp for the speakers and one for the subs. Here's my issue

The subwoofers are weak when hooked up to the subw out on back of the HU until I turn the gain over 50%. If I hook the subs up to either one of the speaker outs, it has more bass with very little on the gain knob, maybe only 10%.

Should the subw output be that weak? I've been running it like this for over 2 months. It's not bad rcas or amp. It's either bad head unit or it's just that weak from the HU. What's your opinion

I have read that some radios sub preouts don't hit preout volatge unless there all the way up plus the separate sub volume needs to be up too. Prob the case here

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.