Sub not loud

You tell me how? I have the pioneer 2v preout and with the gains maxed it still takes about 6db of bass boost to get the desired voltage and it was measured using a dmm. So who's the idiot now? If you have weak preouts sometimes u have to bass boost especially to get power out of hifonics amps. I have my bass boost at 6db and it sounds very clean, no distortion. I just think everyone is scared to use bass boost because the idiots who blow their gear have their gains and bass boost maxed out. If you know what you are doing bass boost can help you get fuller sounding bass and gives you the flexibility to attenuate bass on the fly without having to mess with your headunit. Honestly that setup should be enough make you go deaf.
The idiot part comes in where you max out your gains AND use bass bost in an attempt to get more volume out of your setup. You are an idiot because you shorten the life of your equipment instead of addressing the problem elsewhere (Upgrading the crappy 2v-preout HU, building a new box, etc.)

^^^ stfu. Why am i gonna go and buy a unit with better preouts? As long as it is not clipping and not overheating the amp will be fine. What do you do if you can't get desired voltage without BB? Buy a new headunit or turn up the BB until the desired voltage is reached. If used BB on multiple systems and if it is setup right it doesn't kill your equipment. And by the way my gains are not maxed. Instead of maxing the gains and using BB to get desired voltage, i turned gains to 3/4 and readjusted BB until i got desired voltage and it sounds great and my amp doesn't clip or get hot. I would say bb is bad if your already close to max output and then turn bb up and clip the hell out of it, but other then that no.

^^^ stfu. Why am i gonna go and buy a unit with better preouts. As long as it is not clipping and don't overheat the amp it will be fine. What do you do if you can't get desired voltage without BB? Buy a new headunit or turn up the BB till the desired voltage is reached. If used BB on multiple systems and if it is setup right it doesn't kill your equipment. And by the way my gains are not maxed. Instead of maxing the gains and using BB to get desired voltage, i turned gains to 3/4 and readjusted BB until i got desired voltage.
You just said in your outher post that you had gains maxed with 6 dbs of bass boost to get desired volume. Just because you are not getting desired voltage does not mean you aren't clipping. Hifonics amps are generally overrated by around 200-300w. That means that if you are trying to get 1200w out of a 1206D, you will most likely be clipping the amp.

To properly set up your amp so that you don't have clipping, you should adjust your gains with the bass boost up already. If you can't get the right output voltage with gains properly set, you need a bigger amp, not more boost.

Just because you are not getting desired voltage does not mean you aren't clipping.

You are an idiot. So if i hook up a dmm to my amp and it reads say like 30 volts which is 900wrms that i could still be clipping jus cause bb is on. You are an idiot.

You are an idiot. So if i hook up a dmm to my amp and it reads say like 30 volts which is 900wrms that i could still be clipping jus cause bb is on. You are an idiot.
Like I said earlier. Speaking of Hifonics amps here. Hifonics amps are known to be over-rated. Meaning that the BXi-1206D, which is supposed to put out 1200w, is really only good for maybe 1000w. If you try to get output voltage that corresponds to the full 1200w, you will most likely produce clipping (You are attempitng to get 1200w out of what is essentially a 1000w amp). If you set the gains to the correct levels with boost down, and then crank it, there is a good chance you will induce clipping. Now if you set the gains after you set the bass boost to desired levels, and you're not clipping, there shouldn;t be a problem. However, you must set them up correctly to safely use bass boost. The only use I've ever had for bass control knobs is turning the subs off in the cities before I park so I don't get jacked, and when driving by cops so I don't get ticketed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.