sub mounting?

Participant count
  • Participant list

JohnnyP
10+ year member

'69 Charger Owner
Cary, NC
would it be alright if i only had about 1 or 2 inches between the sub and the trunk lid? the 1-2 inches is after the ton of dynamat that i have to put on the lid, before the mat there would be about 3 inches? also if i build a box with the dimension of H= 15", W=40", depth or length=25", and top mount the sub, how would i port it and tune it? one more thing.... would it be ok if there was only about 1 in between the bottom of the sub and the bottem of the box? because there is a hole in the center of the magnet i am assuming for air movement?

i dont know to much about solox's but i know there the most badass kickers you can get.....and i think you would need more room then 1-2 inches because personally i think that baby would come out pretty far

after all variables or what ever are taken out there will be only about 1-2 in between sub max ex and the trunk lid

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.