Sub install not so loud

0.5 gain probably isn't enough with the loc. Make sure the speakers you are tapping into are not high passed before the actual speaker. I belive that system has a factory sub, try tapping into the wiring for the sub to your loc. and like akheathen said, check your connections, make sure the ground is solid on completely bare metal.

.5 gain is usually like 2/3 of the way turned up... .5 means .5v line level input, AKA super low, so thus gain would be cranked. For example, setting the gain to "4" would be pretty low.

Anways, I think they may have hit the nail on the head, tapping into the inputs of the amp and not the outputs. That'd be my first guess.

Check your voltage across the pwr and gnd terminals, should be very close to system voltage.

Also, I've seen LOCs be goofy before. Make sure you're tapped into the speaker level signal, then tie both the - LOC inputs, and both the + LOC inputs together, and tie into one pair of speaker wires.. that'll make 100% sure you got the phase properly wired. Also, check the "gain" on the LOC, those can be turned way down from factory sometimes.

Best of luck

.5 gain is usually like 2/3 of the way turned up... .5 means .5v line level input, AKA super low, so thus gain would be cranked. For example, setting the gain to "4" would be pretty low.
Anways, I think they may have hit the nail on the head, tapping into the inputs of the amp and not the outputs. That'd be my first guess.

Check your voltage across the pwr and gnd terminals, should be very close to system voltage.

Also, I've seen LOCs be goofy before. Make sure you're tapped into the speaker level signal, then tie both the - LOC inputs, and both the + LOC inputs together, and tie into one pair of speaker wires.. that'll make 100% sure you got the phase properly wired. Also, check the "gain" on the LOC, those can be turned way down from factory sometimes.

Best of luck

I took it as 0.5 was halfway. if its 0.5 volts that has to be almost maxed. said he tapped into the rear 6x9's , so i don't think he tapped in before the amp

you should also have the x-over set LP and to play everything below 90ish Hz not between 100-140 that could be the problem.

you're not getting the sub freq's at all with that setting you have been using.

Of what i have read so far, you mention that your amp has high level inputs right? and I'm curious since your already splicing into speakers and stuff, why your not just using those. Take the rears speakers and splice into them and run them to your speaker level inputs on the amp. This will act as your RCA's since your using a stock headunit. As they should be full range you'll need to have low pass crossover setting on your amp, to take out the mid's and high's. Not sure if that helps its how I would do it. Don't know if this is a possible hookup for u or not hope it will help.

Take one of your voice coils out of the equation and see if it gets louder. You may have your voice coils wired opposite to each other where they are fighting each other instead of helping each other. I did this once :p took me nearly 6 months to figure it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.