sub in port

like this?

maybe that will give you enuf area to put the box in, you can even wrap the port round the front of the box and have the port aiming to the side of your trunk if need be, or even wrap it further around the other side of the box, but thats what, 57" of possible port area? you should be able to do it with this kind of box. but that ported-sub-portable-box idea you had first looks pretty good.

jellyman5sd.gif

i dont think that would work to well although i kinda want to see what happens, i think you would have some big cancellation problems with the front waves of the driver mixing with the rear. plus i think you would encounter alot of port noise.

Not to mention that the volume that the port holds will change evertime the bass hits because the drivers cone will be moving in and out. basicly i think it would sound very.... bad... but try it, i could be wrong. just make sure if you do that you post some pics and results of what it sounds like. good luck!

ok jellyman. take a picture of your trunkspace. draw on it the height width and depth, then give us how big of box youd LIKE with the tuning you want.

otherwise this whole questions is a wild goose chase.

00008979im.jpg

17"floor to top of back seat

37" side to side

20" top of back seat to back of trunk

25" bottom of back seat to back of trunk

i want 4-4.5ft@33-34Hz.

here is the hard part.....100-120in^2 port;)

Reminds me of the JL "HO Powerwedge" - Take a look at that if you want to pull off a design like this.
Yeah it does kinda remind me of the Power wedge but its not the same at all, actually now that i think about it that design may work well for you jellyfish, take a look at it.

http://www.jlaudio.com/enclosures/HO110RW7.html

I know that they carry these boxes at my local shops so maybe you could find one by you and ask to take a look at it to get an idea of how its built.

This link shows a sorta cut away pic

http://www.jlaudio.com/enclosures/index.html#

i already looked @ that. i even got it saved somewhere...but do you see how big it is.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.