Sub ideas for existing enclosure

So I wanted to get everyone's opinions, I am looking to replace my subwoofers that I have now , right now I have (2) 10" jl 10w3's that I have had for sometime now. I am looking to use the enclosure that I built already, it has 2 chambers (sealed) .9 cf per chamber, I wanted some ideas on new woofers, I am leaning more towards SQ.

I will be using a soundstream 1/1000 amp

Let me know some woofer ideas

I have had them for years now, looking for something new. There are a lot out there that will fit my enclosure very well, I am looking at the new Jl 10w3v3's, sundown, Dayton audio etc, there are so many out there so I wanted opinions

Ssa icons or gcons are another one to look at. Really though all you said is you want something.New these would all be New so how we are supposed to narrow the field is beyond me. Unless you just want everyone pushing their fav brands at ya.

Lol, your right, my bad, the woofers (JL 10w3's) I have had for 9 years now and this is the 2nd car I have had them in, i have replaced the surrounds on them all ready and I would like to get something with a newer look and a little better performance. I am mainly a SQ type person, I have been there done that with the SpL having 4-15's, I have emailed all of these manufactures and they are all saying the same thing as far as performance is concerned, that with the size enclosure that I have I will have a 3-4 dbl spike in the performance which would be like adding 300watts, just wanted opinions if anyone had input on woofer, I named the 3 that I narrowed it down too. Just would like to know if anyone ran these subs in their system and get input. I listen to all music, from rock, rap, techno etc. I am upgrading my sub amp to a soundstream 1/1000 watt amp so I will have a good amount of power at 2ohms

Out of the ones you've listed, I would choose the Dayton subs if you don't plan on changing enclosures. If you think you might like to build a vented box in the future I would go with the SA-10, as it's a lot better suited for vented boxes than sealed.

I have no opinion to share with regard to JL except that I wouldn't run it but that's just a personal preference. Plus, I have no personal experience with JL and I do with Dayton and Sundown.

@ bbeljefe, I was leaning toward the dayton 10's, not a lot of people have them and every review or people who do have them say how much they love them and how they are getting some lows with them. And for the space requirements of .5 CF they are really nice

Dayton builds good quality speakers and Parts Express is second to none in customer service so in the unlikely event that you have a problem, they'll make sure it isn't a problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.