sub frequency ??

Are you talking about which note it gets the loudest on? People usually do a sweep on a TL or something, and find which note hits the highest db, I believe.

Well the FS is listed in your manual as what itll play down and up to...if thats what your talkin about.

But what freq is loudest is determined by the vehicle and tuning of the enclosure...hope this helps slightly

The resonant Frequency of your vehicle can be acheived with a cheap Radio Shack SPL meter.

Just like LinxuS said, you play a tones disc (at low volumes) from low Freq's to high until you find which has the highest SPL. The funny thing is it may only be a 3 or so db difference from the loudest to the next loudest.

My Altima is around 41 Hz.......

Well the FS is listed in your manual as what itll play down and up to...if thats what your talkin about.But what freq is loudest is determined by the vehicle and tuning of the enclosure...hope this helps slightly
FS is not what what it will play down to.

FS is when the speakers impedance is at it's highest point, taking the least amount of power for it to reach full excursion.

FS is measured in a free air setting.

CT

This is a good question.

The FS for my JL 12W6v2 is 25hz. But the frequency range for the sub is not listed anywhere I can find it.

So 25hz is the frequency it will play most efficiently at? But what is the best frequency range for it and why don't they list that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.