Sub for small sealed Q-logic enclosure

Bjesse

Hi, Im purchasing a Q-logic (QL-C1FSX112) which is a rear center console sub box for my extended cab truck, my options are very limited with this year truck and seat arrangement so this will be what I'm going with. Its made for a 12" subwoofer, but it's only 0.65 cu.ft of space on their website, even though Crutchfield has it listed at 0.85 cu.ft. So I need recommendations on what subs will perform decent in the small sealed enclosure? I haven't purchased an amp yet, I mainly listen to rock/metal so just want it to be accurate/punchy. Sorry for the long post. Thanks!

C1FSX112_After_f337ee87-d2f9-413d-a976-c47efad39932_grande_zpsdcnii8dc.jpeg

You can try an SSA Dcon but even it wants 0.9 per SSA. I don't know of a 12 that works even decently in such a small space. You may find it necessary to cut out a ring from a piece of birch ply and turn that 12 hold into a 10.

I was gonna build my own encloseure, but don't really want the headache and this seems to blend in with the interior nicely and the cup holders are a plus. Not sure why they designed it around a 12" size? If I did step it down to a 10, what all options would I have then?

Dayton Audio RSS315HO-44 12" Reference HO DVC SubwooferShould do well in that box just add a little polyfill about 1lb.
Though this is a great sub..I highly recommend the 10" HO DVC 4 ohm sub and run @2 ohms.I have a pair and have ran a pair, and have to say that for your listening,and the space provided, that the Dayton 10" would be a perfect match, and Id run the PPI 1000.1 d phantom mono amp on it as well.Plenty of power and the sub will perform nicely with that amp.It may not hurt to add a small lining of poly fill to the enclosure if you need to.

Crutchfield has replied to my email and confirmed that the box is actually 0.85 cu.ft, sorry for the confusion! It must be a typo on Q-logic site. So I would prefer to stick with the 12". They have recommended an Alpine sws-12d4 sub along with alpine mrv-m500 amp. I have found these priced reasonable from several places. Again, mainly listen to metal/rock. Thoughts?

Crutchfield has replied to my email and confirmed that the box is actually 0.85 cu.ft, sorry for the confusion! It must be a typo on Q-logic site. So I would prefer to stick with the 12". They have recommended an Alpine sws-12d4 sub along with alpine mrv-m500 amp. I have found these priced reasonable from several places. Again, mainly listen to metal/rock. Thoughts?
You will get a better made and better performance sub from Dayton compared to the Alpine sub, and more head room with the PPI amplifier without sacrificing for maxed out power/or a lack of power,and i think you will be more pleased from the money spent.Easy enough to make a baffle out of MDF for the 10" even cover to your liking with carpet /paint or ?

Though this is a great sub..I highly recommend the 10" HO DVC 4 ohm sub and run @2 ohms.I have a pair and have ran a pair, and have to say that for your listening,and the space provided, that the Dayton 10" would be a perfect match, and Id run the PPI 1000.1 d phantom mono amp on it as well.Plenty of power and the sub will perform nicely with that amp.It may not hurt to add a small lining of poly fill to the enclosure if you need to.
The 12 surprisingly does better in that sized box. The 10 recommends .55cu the 12 .49 both subs will have a similar roll off so in .85 with polyfill it should sound great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.