Sub facing front or back???

jmoneypierce21
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
K im driving a 2001 chrysler sebring and the rear seats fold down. So most the time when im bumpin i put um down. I currently have my sub dacing the tail of my car but if i were to turn it to where it faces my cabin would it improve spl or sq at all? thank you for the help

could make the rattles disappear and could get louder. sealing around the box with something might work better too. i stuff blankets and pillows around my box in my civic and it made a big difference

yea was thinking of doing the same thing with my box. i have a side firing ports.. so the port wouldnt fire into the cabin, or the rear of the car either way i have them facing. figured i try firing in the cabin.. my box is a beast, so it should pretty much seal up the surrounding area.. some setups firing into the cabin get extremely loud (IE WALLS enclosures) but in trunks it varies on the sub box displacement, how much power your pushing, and if you get more "port bass" than actual sub bass. if you get more out of your port, and it fires in the cabin, youll most likely not be impressed and just go back to rear firing. it all depends on how well the trunk is sealed off after your turn them around. but go ahead and try it, see how u like it. and like mazda kid said, if your box doesnt fill up the trunk hole, stuff it what foam, blankets, pillows, whatever. because you get more sound after the bass reflects. so if theres no sealant around the box, it will reflect off of your front seats, windshield, etc, the waves will move back into your trunk and so forth... if not properly done right, the waves bouncing back will probably cancel out the waves moving forward (im on alot of xanax right now i hope this made any sense)

ya lol you made perfect sense ill mess around with it. but only part that confused me was the part about ports. So if my port is firing same as sub what will happen?thanks

well it gets louder when you put your seat down right?

so I would just leave it at that unless you dont plan on having anyone in your backseat then I would take it somewhere and have the box redesigned for that purpose

ya it get louder when the seats down and yes i have people sitting back there on a regular basis. but if i were to turn it what else could i do to fill the space temporarily other than pillows and blankets?

cotton foam... but usually when people fire into the cabin the box is made specifically for that reason. because of air leaks.. if your going to do it, do it right. have the box made to fire into the cabin.. its alot harder to do if your box isnt designed to do so. the bass needs to reflect off of **** so the sound waves travel througout the car. which is why if your box is firing towards the rear, you dont push it all the way back. because then its either completely sealed off, or you have a lil space. move the box forward a lil bit, so when the waves reflect off of the trunk, they can get into the cabin of the car. same as firing into the cabin. it has to be sealed so the waves dont reach the inside of the trunk because youll get cancellation

ya it get louder when the seats down and yes i have people sitting back there on a regular basis. but if i were to turn it what else could i do to fill the space temporarily other than pillows and blankets?
not a whole lot that you could take out easily but is it really worth moving all that **** and turning the box around to have someone ride in the backseat cause it would sound lik ASS with the seats up and the box facing forward

just leave it firing into the rear of the cabin. if your seats fold down, only fold one down. this is what i do. with both down, i get a lil bit of cancelation and doesnt sound as good. i kind of turned my trunk into a ported box. i have the port on the right side of my box, and my right seat down. left seat still up. so the port side fires out...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.