Sub delay issue

DJSLINKARD

What's up guys? I just got got my new system up and running today and I've got a bit of an issue. I've heard of this problem before but never had to troubleshoot it myself so I'm hoping someone else has.

The problem: My sub has a delay to where it hits later than the rest of the speakers. It does this even at low volumes and will eventually just drop a hit or two out until it catches back up. Im not even talkin speeds like double bass from metal music. This is just dubstep or drum and bass that im playing and there is still lag.

The variables: Stock head unit to a PAC SNI-35 high level to low level converter

Then, from that adapter straight to a Rockford Fosgate P1000-1BD amp.

From the output of the amp to a Rockford Fosgate T1D212.

The sub is wired down to 1 ohm and then wired to the amp.

The box is ported at around 1.8 cu ft.

My power and ground is all 1/0 knuconceptz as well as the big 3.

What am I missing here? Can anyone tell me why I am experiencing this delay? Don't get me wrong, this straight up bangs, but the delay is annoying and I have to fix it.

I am thinking it is the Pac or the wiring of it since it seems to be signal related. I assume the ground for the amp has been checked.

What's up guys? I just got got my new system up and running today and I've got a bit of an issue. I've heard of this problem before but never had to troubleshoot it myself so I'm hoping someone else has.
The problem: My sub has a delay to where it hits later than the rest of the speakers. It does this even at low volumes and will eventually just drop a hit or two out until it catches back up. Im not even talkin speeds like double bass from metal music. This is just dubstep or drum and bass that im playing and there is still lag.

The variables: Stock head unit to a PAC SNI-35 high level to low level converter

What am I missing here? Can anyone tell me why I am experiencing this delay? Don't get me wrong, this straight up bangs, but the delay is annoying and I have to fix it.
have you tried adjusting the phase? What is the LPF set at?

Couple of things causing you're problem.

1. The delay you're hearing is caused by the impulse delay of the larger subwoofers vs. the smaller drivers and the proximity of the speakers to the listeners ears. ( mids and tweets are normally a lot closer to your ears than your subs)

2. group delay of your ported enclosure is further increasing the delay you're hearing.

3. your xover point could also possibly be part of the problem too. As was said try lowering it and see if the delay decreases any.

1. The delay you're hearing is caused by the impulse delay of the larger subwoofers vs. the smaller drivers and the proximity of the speakers to the listeners ears. ( mids and tweets are normally a lot closer to your ears than your subs)

2. group delay of your ported enclosure is further increasing the delay you're hearing.

3. your xover point could also possibly be part of the problem too. As was said try lowering it and see if the delay decreases any.
Thanks for your response. I will try lowering the xover point and see. Here is a picture of my car and setup for those interested. Pease don't flame me for using prefabs. I do not have access to tools to build my own box so this is the best I could do right now. Personally, I think these boxes are well made and they look super clean. I thought these specs would be ok for this sub though. What do you think?

http://www.atrendusa.com/atrend/karbon-kolors?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=262&category_id=19

I have two of these firing up.

IMG_20121016_163455-1.jpg

IMG_20121016_163439.jpg

^this ..reducing directional frequencies may help to overcome the sense of lag.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.