Sub choice

Out of those 3 probably the r's...I wouldn't go with RE unless it was their older SE or SX lines. Their new ones are chinese junk..

Out of those 3 probably the r's...I wouldn't go with RE unless it was their older SE or SX lines. Their new ones are chinese junk..
Where do you think alpine is made lol? I wouldn't classify the re as junk, definitely a step off but still a cut above alpine I think

In my personal experience with RE, I can say they have terrible customer service and the product wasn't reliable. This is limited experience, but I installed 4 brand new 12" subs in a ported enclosure for a customer. 3 sounded fine, one was buzzing badly at upper frequencies. I swapped chambers and found the buzzing to still be present in that sub in the new chamber, the sub I swapped it for sounded fine in its new home. We contacted the shop he bought them from, and they told him he had to deal with RE directly because the product was technically working. RE refused to do anything about the situation... stating that the sub worked, that it was obviously the install. Luckily the shop gave him a refund... they said they had been getting a lot of bad product from RE and were dropping the line. We replaced the RE's with Treo subs with outstanding results... I just wish I hadd designed the box for the Treos instead of the RE's to begin with!

eh... my re mt was pretty sick. but tinsel slap is a *****. forget those type r's. go big or go home. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.