sub box

your speakers should have come with a spec sheet.....recommended box sizes for sealed /ported enclosures. See what the recommended cubic feet is, port letgth for that size box and port diameter. If you don't have the specs, call kenwood or go to the web site, maybe there will be something there. If you don't know how to figure box size, it's L x W x H / 1728. Be sure your box dimensions are square for this formula. for slants and angles the math is a little different........I won't tell you how I do it because I don't want to confuse you. If you know how to find the volume of a triangle, that will help you. anyway good luck and don't forget to take your measurments from the interior of the box and account for the amount of airspace the speaker magnet is going to take up

Good luck to ya:fyi:

Check out the kenwood webpage. Most companies have the specs of their products on the internet. Most of the time speakers do come with a spec sheet, but I've bought a few that didn't, and if you ought second-hand they usually don't.

For anyone else who reads this:

If you are in doubt about a product, first check the Manufacturers website. All decent companies have webpages nowadays. If that is still no help, search the web for it, there is bound to be something. If you still don't find anything, don't buy it.

My basic rule is: no support = bad company = bad products.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.