sub bottoming out

Do you mean like regularly or just a one time thing if onetime thing your fine it shouldnt have messed it up. Buttoming out is your sub working passed its limits in the enclosure. I had a problem wit buttoming out before i tuned my box properly But you should be fine if it was a brief thing Its when you do it for a lil while and it heats up that the sub fails

is it really bad if a sub bottoms out for about 1 second. does it affect anything?
bottoming out like the coil hitting the back plate? at 45hz that's 45 times a second, so that's quite a bit of banging metal on metal if you asked me.

I had the same problem with my AQ HD3..or so i thought=P it turns out the noise was the voice coil hitting my dusk cap =( seems that the cone ripped off where the spider/coil meet with a cone. Was fun since i was heading to a competition=P

i st everything so it doesnt bottom out. it actually happened a couple times. but all the times combined it probaly equaled 1 second. when you here that noice it is pretty much instinct to turn it down . sounds good i dont think much happened if anything

a little late but oh well my sub wasn't bottoming out it was the voice coil was hitting the dust cap:( pics below good thing thorshammer reconed mine =)

hd3broken3.jpg

hd3broken2.jpg

hd3broken1.jpg

how come when my sub bottom out it has happened about 3 to 5 times i only here it bottom out like 1 time? one other time it bottomed out like 3 times very littly because it wasnt loud. what can i look at to make sure nothing is breaking? i have tuned everything now so it doesnt

a little late but oh well my sub wasn't bottoming out it was the voice coil was hitting the dust cap:( pics below good thing thorshammer reconed mine =)
hd3broken3.jpg

hd3broken2.jpg

hd3broken1.jpg

You see all them white spots on the black spider??? Thats where the cone was hitting them. So if it didnt sound like it was "bottoming" out it was moving pretty good.I have first hand experience with the cone hitting the spider on my DDs but they have never broke like that.Just letting you know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.