Sub 2 close to port.

ConwayBang
10+ year member

conway
When i mount the sub in the new box the sub part that is in the box is real close to the 2nd port piece is that gonna be alright.

Also how to do you make your slot port assesable after the box is all built up that way can change the port length to mess with tuning

lol you cant...when yu build a basic slot ported box...once its done its done. and just install the sub and see if it causes a problem. no1 here can tell since:

A. you have no pics

B. you have no clue what youre talking about or doing

You can make the port longer or shorter to change tuning, and make it wider or thinner. Its not permanent once youre done building the box.

Making it shorter would be tough if you used glue. Longer woudl be pretty simple if you wanted to add externally.

And from what I've heard, ideally you don't want the sub too close to any ports. It'll mess with the tuning. Pretty tough to reverse engineer a flawed design.

we could help better if you posted a pic. you are not very detailed so its hard to give you a 100% honest answer. best thing we can say is put the sub in and see how it sounds.

if you want to be able to change your tuning, making a box with a removable slot port is your best bet. I can change my tuning from 30hz to 38hz to 46hz in about 5 mins

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.