Stupid question - SPL

Participant count
  • Participant list

RedlineAccord
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Today at a show I got metered for the hell of it. I've got one Rockford 15" T1 in a 2.75 cu. ft. box tuned to 32 or 35 hz (forgot which one, its the Rockford recommended box that is in the manual that comes with it). I hit a 134.3, which I know is crap to most of your standards, but its waaay underpowered (580 rms) and I have a stock electrical system right now. I have a Kinetik 1400 and 0 gauge wiring for the "big 3" coming, and plan on laying more dynamat in the trunk. Plus I'm looking at getting a Hifonics 1206 amp to throw about 1000 watts rms to that thing. What do you think I could hit?? Would a different box make a huge difference as well? I know its tuned kinda low for SPL...

It was some test CD they had, I guess it was some techno song with a lot of bass and then a 10, 20, 30, and 40 Hz tone sweep in between it. I think I hit the 134.3 on the 30 Hz tone. So would that be on music? It definietly wasn't a burp, I'm not set up for that yet. haha

you might notice a few tenths but thats not what all the upgrades are going to help you at the most with.. you should be low 40s w that sub and iirc those subs are only 600 rms anyways arent they..

It was some test CD they had, I guess it was some techno song with a lot of bass and then a 10, 20, 30, and 40 Hz tone sweep in between it. I think I hit the 134.3 on the 30 Hz tone. So would that be on music? It definietly wasn't a burp, I'm not set up for that yet. haha
well 1st off your not gonna hit to high with a setup like that playin 30 hz tones.. Depending on your car and your 32-35 hz tuning id say youd peak around 45 or so.. so play tones in that area, and 30 hz is low for music

Rockford says 600 rms, but everyone that actually has one runs about 800-1000 rms on them daily. It's a pretty tough sub.
the box on that sub should prolly be around 38-40 for daily.. ive heard a few get loud, hell 10w3s are hi 30's on a TL..

the box on that sub should prolly be around 38-40 for daily.. ive heard a few get loud, hell 10w3s are hi 30's on a TL..

I've got a good amount of 3/4" MDF left, so I think I might build another box for this thing for the hell of it. As for the meter, I'm not sure if it was a term-lab or not, and I dunno if that makes a difference. I dunno if its like a dynometer for a car where one might rate the car low and one may rate it too high.

I've got a good amount of 3/4" MDF left, so I think I might build another box for this thing for the hell of it. As for the meter, I'm not sure if it was a term-lab or not, and I dunno if that makes a difference. I dunno if its like a dynometer for a car where one might rate the car low and one may rate it too high.
a Term Lab score is all that is gonna give you much credibility on a CA forum when you start throwin around #'s , An d like said before, dont ask " how loud will I get" its just one of those things ya dont wanna ask, since its impossible to tell you, just a //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif The termlab is just a very acccurate and consistent reading rta meter Used by most of the spl world, usually reads lower than most other meters and is much more accurate

Alright, well I guess I know for next time. hah I'm still a newb around here. I was just thinking if anyone else has had a similar setup tested before, but I guess thats a little difficult seeing as to the number of combinations of box, sub(s), tuning, power, and vehicle.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.