stupid question ..... how to wire 1ohm mono amp to a dc2 sub at a 1ohm load

Big Rich
10+ year member

i understand the whole thing about jumping the plugs on the sub and all that but what i dont get is that the amp i have has 4 speaker terminals. how do you determine if the amp is putting out a 1ohm load.....ive never done this before

the amp is a cadence dca1600.1 mono sub amp

i just dont understand how there are 4 terminals innstead of 2 . i also dont know jack about any of this stuff .... please help, looking to just run the 1ohm load from the amp into the 2ohm sub

KGrHqFHJDcE7ypwvufBPEErQEe60_3.jpg

Ok so I could use either side if the positive and negative terminals and it will will give a 1ohm load?
The diagram is exactly how I have mine set up. So, you link both + and both - on the sub with 1/2 of the speaker cable (I took a foot and separated the two sides and used this to link the +s and -s) and then link the +s to the + on the amp and do the same on the -.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.