stupid kids at my school

78nova
10+ year member

XXX
:hilarious allright I just thought I would mention this because everytime I think about this sorta crap I just start cracking up :hilarious Allright here it goes here in this small town I live in everyone thinks jensen and road gear is the ****. There is this one dumbass who has one 70watt amp (max not rms) to about six 6-1/2 and one jensen 12" sub and he thinks that he has best system ever :hilarious and oh yeah the other day in school I heard him saying that he was gonna "comp" some other loser that has one 10" sub also jensen with an 80 watt amp (max not rms) and today some fat dumbass told me that he had a 750 watt amp but not knowing what the hell he was talking about since this was the max and when I saw his amp it was 100 rms :hilarious what a dumbass. And oh yeah if you have one 12" kicker comp not comp vr you are a god here. One last thing there is another moron that thinks his system is the **** and when you ask him what he gots he says he has 2 15" house speakers the magnet on those weighs about 10 ounces :hilarious . Oh yeah there is also another loser that has one 10" old ass pioneer and he says he can take two 12" solobarics L7 :hilarious what a f****** dumbass.

so let them enjoy the money they spent... no reason to make them feel dumb for spending money on lesser quailty products... let them be happy, thats what car audio is all about... plus, by the way your talking you have something much better than theirs, so keep it to yourself but you will always know your system is "better" so be happy with that...

I think the point he is trying to make is that there are people with ass crap systems that flaunt it with an ego thinking they are gods for even having a sub. Those are the kind of people I like to put to shame just so they'll shut up and show a little humility.

You can choose to teach the people, or you can let them be happy, or you can be an arse and make fun of them to their faces or behind their backs. Sharing this level of ignorance on the board is at least entertaining for us, though, and maybe educational for someone down the line (if they're educated enough to use the search feature).

Anyway, my brother has some cheap $70 RF subs and feeds them about 200 watts or something. His sounds excellent to everybody. But the thing is, very few people are into this kind of thing, and even fewer do the research. My bro just wanted something to kick a little and fit in a VERY small place (behind the seat of an S-10), and he plays mostly country. Initially, even I was confused when I couldn't even barely hear them outside of the vehicle. They sounded just fine to me inside. I've never even heard a really good system, so I'm betting that my eDO's will flat blow me away. =)

So, are you considered a god in your town? Do you have a decent system? Remember, they do sound like idiots, but everyone's gotta start somewhere. Even Jensen crossed my mind when I was first starting and scraping up a few dollars to buy a system.

where in tx are you from? im in the grapevine/colleyville (the city where DFW airport is) and my school has some **** nice systems, although they seem to think if you dont have JL it *****.......not matter what........but that will change when i do my next set up which will be RE BASSed. there are like 4 kids with w7s, alot of cameros with a single w6v2........i keep on seeing the exact same set ups over and over though cuz everyone goes to car toys and they feed them the same stuff everytime, its kind of boring. we always joke with eachother whos louder and stuff, but we really respect eachothers stuff, unless someone is a ass about it and thinks their god. My advise to help "shut them up" is find a place with a mic, ask them to hold a junior comp (very loose class restrictions) and have them charge like 20 bucks to enter, get all your friends with any sort of system to do it, have fun and see whos loudest, my local audio store loved the idea, beacuse its easy profit for them, exposure and it was hella fun.

don't knock jensen. my very first system was a 10inch jensen sub in a bandpass with a jensen amp and i was happy when i first did because i installed it all by myself and it worked and it was loud enough for me at the time. i live in a small town (1000 people) but i was the only one with jensen but i didn't go bragging because i was embarresed of it, but now i'm proud because that was my very first system and i have heard worse than that but i learned from that install. i ended up selling the system to kid at school for close to what i paid for it new.

It's really not that funny. Its a matter of time before it catches on that their equipment is not very good. ITs generally an upward progression in quality of both equipment and installation. Enjoy your subs and let them enjoy theirs. IF they want to compete let them...maybe they'll learn a thing or two.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.