Stuck on a decision... Audio Control LC-6.1200 vs. Kicker KXA800.5

Hello!

I'm new to the forums here but not new to the car audio scene!

I currently have a 2014 Chevy Volt with a stock Bose system. I will be installing JBL GTO 609C's in the front and probably just a pretty basic coaxial set of JBLs with similar specs in the rear. As for the subwoofer I am strongly considering the Kicker CompVR 12" 2-ohm DVC in a 4-ohm configuration.

Currently the 2 amplifiers that I am strongly considering are:

Audio Control LC-6.1200 (LC-6.1200 - AudioControl)

and

Kicker KXA800.5 (KICKER | KXA800.5 Amplifier)

I was set on the KXA800.5 with a summing LOC and DSP but what so attracting to me about the LC-6.1200 is the fact that the summing LOC and DSP and all on-board which is definitely more convenient. The part that I do not like is that I have less control on the remote for settings such as: Bass, treble, speaker level, etc.

Any input is most definitely welcomed and I look forward to help from the community //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Hello!
I'm new to the forums here but not new to the car audio scene!

I currently have a 2014 Chevy Volt with a stock Bose system. I will be installing JBL GTO 609C's in the front and probably just a pretty basic coaxial set of JBLs with similar specs in the rear. As for the subwoofer I am strongly considering the Kicker CompVR 12" 2-ohm DVC in a 4-ohm configuration.

Currently the 2 amplifiers that I am strongly considering are:

Audio Control LC-6.1200 (LC-6.1200 - AudioControl)

and

Kicker KXA800.5 (KICKER | KXA800.5 Amplifier)

I was set on the KXA800.5 with a summing LOC and DSP but what so attracting to me about the LC-6.1200 is the fact that the summing LOC and DSP and all on-board which is definitely more convenient. The part that I do not like is that I have less control on the remote for settings such as: Bass, treble, speaker level, etc.

Any input is most definitely welcomed and I look forward to help from the community //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Sundown Audio SAE-1100.5 5-Channel Full Range Class A/B Amplifier - SSA STORE

Sorry I should have stated that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif. I actually work for an audio installation shop and we get massive discounts on JBL/Infinity, Kicker, Audio Control, and Kenwood. Out of all the offerings by those companies these were the 2 amps that fit what I needed best... I think //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I actually work for a major retailer but I only get the really large discounts on the brands who give us accommodations.

I looked into the IQ1000.5 but I feel like it doesn't offer that much more over the LC-6.1200 besides fancy graphical EQ's

I actually work for a major retailer but I only get the really large discounts on the brands who give us accommodations.
I looked into the IQ1000.5 but I feel like it doesn't offer that much more over the LC-6.1200 besides fancy graphical EQ's
how large is the discount? Depending on the price, you would still be better off putting your money in something else unless its like an 80% discount.

For tuning wise, its in every way 1000x better than the lc6. 1200 but its significantly less power so I wouldnt touch either to be honest. Your money is better spent on a powerful amp and a good head unit or digital sound processor.

I've been through two ac lc6.1200 in the last month. Really wanted to like it but gave me nothing but

issues. I was running it with an aftermarket hu. The first one if I enabled accu bass on the sub channel

it would sum my sub channel to ch 1 really odd. I could pull my sub RCA's and still have a sub. If I pulled channel 1 my left front would drop like you'd expect but would also drop sub. Disable accu bass

would work normal.

Not a big deal since I

would not be using accu bass anyway but I still expect a new amp to work as it should. So I exchanged it for a new one.

the second one I had for a week and channel 2 stopped working. Got the multi out checked voltage nothing out of that channel checked and swapped RCA's. That channel is dead.

waiting on my replacement Rockford fosgate t1000x5ad. Seems like a well built amp but I had no luck with it.Just my experience with the lc6.

The discount is pretty massive so it's not really worth going to a different brand. I wish I could get an aftermarket headunit but unfortunately the vehicle cannot take one.
u should buy sub besides kicker.. thatsaid i worked at shop that sold orion, memphis, clarion, jvc and i only had clarion hu's and memphis/ orion subs and amps so i understand..

I have already purchased the sub but it wasn't very expensive. We will see how it does.
From what I will probably end up going with the LC6 due to price/performance
Not sure if you know this. EQ is the most important part of car audio. The IQ amps do more then that as well.

You say you work at a shop? I hope you are not an installer.

Not sure if you know this. EQ is the most important part of car audio. The IQ amps do more then that as well. You say you work at a shop? I hope you are not an installer.
I never said I wasn't using a EQ I just said I didn't think the graphical ones were really worth it considering I can add an EQ with the LC6 for lower than an IQ amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.