Stuck in safe mode

Participant count
  • Participant list

QSGTO
10+ year member

I hooked up 2 MA Audio HK12X2 2ohm DVC independantly to 2 Audiopipe AP15001D amps 3 months ago and the subs billowed smoke because they had sat in my garage for a year and the voice coils rusted. I connected each sub + to + and - to - to a separate amp bridged to make 1 ohm output. I sent the subs out for warranty replacement and reconnected them the same way. They played for a few seconds before going into safe mode. The amps are connected to a 100 farad battcap with 4 gauge wire. The Battcap is connected to my battery with + and - 0 gauge. Does this sound like it is set up right?

If the coils rusted or whatever the hell, im going to assume the coils shorted out and messed the amp up.. Is that amp stable at 1 ohm? Thats wired right for TWO 1 ohm outputs. So each amp should see 1 ohm as you said. Amps might be blown.

If the coils rusted or whatever the hell, im going to assume the coils shorted out and messed the amp up.. Is that amp stable at 1 ohm? Thats wired right for TWO 1 ohm outputs. So each amp should see 1 ohm as you said. Amps might be blown.
It is 1 ohm stable. Should there be a fuse inside that can be replaced?

unhook the subs from the amp. does it still go into protect?

unplug the rca jacks...does the amp still protect?

if the amp not hooked up to anything still goes into protect, it may be toast...

Both amps in protect with rca's and subs disconnected. Sending out for warranty. Man this *****. I waited 3 months for the subs to get in from warranty replacement, now I gotta send the amps in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.