stroker and fu type subs.

brandontw
10+ year member

just some guy
Reno, NV
Hey guys im just wondering if any of you have had any experience with these dual spider type subs like the cerwin vega stroker and the planet audio FU are these any good, and are they purely Spl or do they have some decent sound quality, i can get a good deal on a 15" stroker or two how would these do on my BX1500d?

Strokers kick butt. They are more of an SPL woofer, but I dont think they sound overly sloppy. The setup I heard of them was 2 15" storkers and a RF BD1500. 12cuft cut through box though. It was loud.

They can be seen here

oh thanx...

Those subs are crazy lookin.. i like em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.... What are those metal pointed objets comming out of the middle??

i also wonder how the xmax works on these, seems like they must not move like a regular sub, how do they work? and the person with the pic doesnt say how thats working out for him

the fu subs say that they are blowing out windshields, and breaking body welds!!! HA! and as for hearing loss, hel you can get cheap subs loud enough to lose your hearing.

FU is a stroker made with cheaper parts..

when CV went under, copyrights lasped or whatever.. PA said weeeeeeee.. and made a stroker using cheaper parts..

the FU is loud, but sounds like ass.. and is a PITA to recone..

I go now

Loyd L.

we hooked up a FU in the showroom one day and held the thing down with all we had (didnt screw it in) and granted it got loud but in either a 1.5 or 2.0 cu foot vented box and it did sound like ass, not to mention we dont sell many of them. Planet makes some good sounding stuff but I would not classify the fu sub in that class.

i also wonder how the xmax works on these, seems like they must not move like a regular sub, how do they work? and the person with the pic doesnt say how thats working out for him
They move exactly like every other subwoofer.....in and out in a pistonic fashion. Xmax and all other specs are gathered in exactly the same manor that they are for all other subs.

BTW, the Strokers were originally designed and produced in the mid 1970's for use in movie theaters. There were actually quota's for some movies; A movie theater couldn't play certain movies unless they had a certain amount of Strokers installed.

2 strokers would be perfect on that amp. i got a friend running 1400 watts to 2 strokers and he hit 152.1 on the termlab yesterday.

al

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.