Strato 18's

Whenever you change all your stuff over, will you still be making a 400-600 watt 18? I want to run 4 of the strato 18's but if everything is changing then I'd rather just get the newer stuff and wait. Will there be a lower powered 18? Please?
I am not 100% sure at this time if we will be continuing the 18" strato.

The only low powered 18 i've ever had luck with was the OG W6. It was nothing crazy in output but sounded great from what I can remember. Its been a very long time and that was one of my first subs. Could of sounded like **** for all I know

I am not 100% sure at this time if we will be continuing the 18" strato.
Why man? I absolutely love them. You and obsidian rule that market. Those 18's are incredible, and I want to do 4 of them. Those 18's can make someone be very loud with a ton of cone area and very little electrical costs to drive them. It's a win-win combo man. I'm going to be really depressed if I can't run 4 of those in my Explorer. They are such good woofers, why discontinue it? I feel you would be shooting yourself in the foot.

Why man? I absolutely love them. You and obsidian rule that market. Those 18's are incredible, and I want to do 4 of them. Those 18's can make someone be very loud with a ton of cone area and very little electrical costs to drive them. It's a win-win combo man. I'm going to be really depressed if I can't run 4 of those in my Explorer. They are such good woofers, why discontinue it? I feel you would be shooting yourself in the foot.
Buck hope you are doing well brotha.

These things really need 4ftsealed?? HAHA, so much for a forth order with these things. @Buck; what do you think about these subs since you have dealt with them personally. They efficient @400-600w?

[quote name='Durango03']These things really need 4ftsealed?? HAHA, so much for a forth order with these things. @Buck; what do you think about these subs since you have dealt with them personally. They efficient @400-600w?[/QUOTE]

Dude, they are awesome. They travel so far. We have two on the AT 800.1 and it is just music to my ears. I tuned it to 29, 13 cubes with I think 12.8 in^2 per cube or something, it'll play into the teens and into the 60s with authority. It's an eargasm.

Dude, they are awesome. They travel so far. We have two on the AT 800.1 and it is just music to my ears. I tuned it to 29, 13 cubes with I think 12.8 in^2 per cube or something, it'll play into the teens and into the 60s with authority. It's an eargasm.
Any other subs you can compare them to?

honestly if i would have known about these before i just got my zv3 18, i would have bought 3 or 4 of these instead since i see they are really good woofers and REALLY cheap.

keep making the strato 18s, I get so tired of seeing all this ********. ******** that companies are doing where they make a woofer or series ( model - sundown versions / dc m1/m2/yada / skar v2/etc ) and it's dumb.. if you want to make something else, make something else don't keep changing what you already have. just give it a different model name and make it it's own woofer, it doesn't have to be a totally different thing.

the strato 18s look awesome and while I wanted to run them, technix wouldn't ever sell me any of the proto amps no matter what and stopped responding to me emails of interested after 1 email about the amp.

pity.. Buck, maybe they will at least keep some back or send you some and let you pay later? I myself hate when I start a setup get half of it in and they stop making half the stuff I am using or planning on using, I want to use stuff that I can always replace or fix as it's still being made. I hate that stuff becomes more and more difficult to find etc.

wow and /end my rant.

anyhow, I agree with buck though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Buck

5,000+ posts
little alien on campus
Buck
Inside of a pyramid
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date