Strange question - what color are the wires inside your RP-2000.1d?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sintek

CarAudio.com Newbie
NE
I was checking components in my Skar RP-2000.1d when it occurred to me that the wires look strange. I looked at countless videos and images showing the amp's guts prior to purchase and nowhere did I see wires of this color. Most are clear or silverish, none are this horrible shade of green.

Anyway, if there are others who have or had this amp and looked inside, what did these wires look like? I ask because performance has been questionable, but I have other potential causes to rule out before deciding it's the amp.

20210122_053101.jpg20210122_053045.jpg

If you believe those jumper cables in the amp are somehow a weak link 10$ worth of whatever wire you prefer and half an hour with a soldering iron should sort you out, though I doubt the color of the insulation on the jumpers in the amp is going to cause performance issues.

I was checking components in my Skar RP-2000.1d when it occurred to me that the wires look strange. I looked at countless videos and images showing the amp's guts prior to purchase and nowhere did I see wires of this color. Most are clear or silverish, none are this horrible shade of green.

Anyway, if there are others who have or had this amp and looked inside, what did these wires look like? I ask because performance has been questionable, but I have other potential causes to rule out before deciding it's the amp.

View attachment 26200View attachment 26202
They didn't use oxygen free cable ..the green your seeing is the copper tarnishing from air coming in contact with the wire ..which will increase the wires resistance. You want the lowest resistance that you can get for the best results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.