stole my gear

Neved had mine stolen. I know mall parking lots are frequently robbed because of people putting stuff in their car and going baxk for more. How much did you lose?

My sub created its own defense.

I'm in Illinois, was parked in front of the bay windows at work. Only 20 mins, popped my handle trunk and ran off with my stuff. How did no one see someone running with a huge box, battery and a 20+inch amp!

Because he ran that heavy crap to the woods across the street and came back with a truck.

My hatch can only be opened with a key or the window busted out. The trunk motor to open it went bad shortly afteri got my system. Few sub screws are blocked under the hatch too as well as a portion of the box. Amps all sit between hatch and box

Because he ran that heavy crap to the woods across the street and came back with a truck.My hatch can only be opened with a key or the window busted out. The trunk motor to open it went bad shortly afteri got my system. Few sub screws are blocked under the hatch too as well as a portion of the box. Amps all sit between hatch and box
Still a sleaver bar or a bull pin would make short work of the hatch lock.

ive been on construction sites were youll walk up to them robbing your car theyll tell you they aint done yet and since you are unarmed against 5 or so people you kinda get screwed. Call the cops sure theyll come but its to late. It aint murder or drugs they dont care. You arent allowed to carry weapons within the job site whole national security of waterways thing and crow bars are the best you can do.

Had my vehicles robbed twice. I laugh when I see people with car audio stickers on their windows. That's a HUGE target, and asking to be robbed. Just sayin

Bolt that chits down! and use different type of Head screws/bolts from the norm,and keep your chits stealth also peoples.Keep as stock looking as possible

Sorry to hear that, that's why I try to keep my car stock looking and I'm always alert. But it's also luck. I hate these **** thieves, I hope they all die and burn in hell repeatedly.

Before I took my system out, I had no theft prevention methods to my installation other than keeping it stealthy.

Next time I put in the system, there will definitely be some better theft prevention going on.

I'm thinking about a steel braided strap going around the sub box and amp and being screwed on the spare wheel holder bolt, or onto the rear deck.

oohhhh I got some ideas....

You gotta make it difficult for these fuckers.

I know how you feel man. Just recently I had the same thing happen except that the got my whole truck. I got the truck back but this:

Went to this:

photobucket-10207-1384831410899_zps59f01c66.jpg

in less than two hours.

diffrent style screws to hold everything on. some philips / allen head / saftey allen head / torks / flat head... mix it all up. actually drill a few holes in the floor and bolt it to your car use big fender washers and nylock nuts if your worried about it rattling than add peal and seal to your washers. make it all but impossible to use simple tools to remove the gear from your ride.

and +1 to the people who say dont bump anywhere near where you live or where your about to park.

+10 to the guys saying only retards have audio stickers advertising good stuff in the car to be stolen.

stealthy install - dark or one way tint. fold up acordian winshield block . car cover if possible also.

Just recently I had the same thing happen except that the got my whole truck
that thing is a show car. Whoever stole it was probably casing you for a while.

protecting your car from professional thieves who steal the car in order to have time to "uninstall" everything inside is very hard. Making the car look as unappealing as possible helps, especially with smash and grab morons.

Keep wires hidden. You got blue remote wire showing means "this dude got a amp!".

No visible touch screens, processors, line drivers, amps, wild looking HU's.

With bass setups, bumping is a call sign. The wrong person will eventually spot you. Getting that person to not tail you and take note of your car is impossible. Because if you have theft prevention measures, smash and grab is most likely going to be a failure. But having someone steal your car to "work on" is a different story.

For those worried about a snatch and grabs there are protective films that will help deter thieves at least if they're trying to get in the window. That with an alarm system would help significantly. I know 3M has an automotive security film for cars and I'm sure there are others out there. Just throwing that out there. Whereas it would take a thief one hit to break through the window normally the film can keep them out for several minutes or make them give up completely. If you have your alarm going that extra couple minutes could save your stuff.

Yeah in my case was prolly luck I know the drill don't bump in parking lots they got to my amps and subs, tookmy American bass phantom 4000 and my jl 300/4 and my ia death rows :/ I don't have any stickers of audio gear on my windows, driver window was broken and they popped the trunck open with the release button on the driver side dash panel

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.