Stock stereo in 2010 Acadia

Participant count
  • Participant list

ReneeG

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I acquired a 2010 GMC Acadia. New motor at the cost of about $7800 or so...anyway, there is a dvd player in this stereo system. The screen is on the ceiling for rear passengers and does not work. When you put a DVD in the player, you can hear the audio, but there's no picture on the screen. There was no remote when I got the vehicle, so I thought maybe the screen was just turned off. I bought a new remote and apparently that was not the problem.
Any ideas or suggestions as to what the problem is? If I have posted this in the wrong place, please lmk and I'll delete/move it.
Renee

Check the Video cable connection.. Usually Yellow to make sure it is plugged in all the way from behind the HU in the Dash and at the Screen

So I acquired a 2010 GMC Acadia. New motor at the cost of about $7800 or so...anyway, there is a dvd player in this stereo system. The screen is on the ceiling for rear passengers and does not work. When you put a DVD in the player, you can hear the audio, but there's no picture on the screen. There was no remote when I got the vehicle, so I thought maybe the screen was just turned off. I bought a new remote and apparently that was not the problem.
Any ideas or suggestions as to what the problem is? If I have posted this in the wrong place, please lmk and I'll delete/move it.
Renee
Since the vehicle is 13 to 14 years old, I would consider an aftermarket DVD player with screens that fit on the back of the front seats. Finding one integrated into a head unit or having your current one repaired will be expensive, if it's not a loose cable. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...