New JVC Head Unit with Android Auto and Car Play.

Participant count
  • Participant list

huberoy123
10+ year member

I was driving the other day and my old JVC stereo started to make crackling noise, and intermittent pops. After some investigating, I discovered that one of my amps has gone bad. This was after I had torn my dash apart and pulled some of the wiring. Since the dash was apart, I decided to upgrade my stereo. My wife's SUV has android play in it, and I had been considering upgrading. This particular situation gave me the reason to do so now.

I lost my DVD with the new unit but gained USB mirroring and Android Play. I also retained Sirius Radio and USB function for my hard drive, which I use more than any other source. I hope this turns out to be a good decision.

Attachments

• 20231007_204812 (1).jpg
    20231007_204812 (1).jpg
    844.8 KB · Views: 17
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Yes, the power wires' colors don't match from the dash to the new harness. However, I tested them and the wire I'm treating as the constant 12v is...
Ok thanks I removed the wires from the back of the unit
Hi, if no one here is able to help you figure it out, try over at diyaudio in the car audio section, it is a more technical forum. This is one of...
Usually when you shop for a replacement harness for your model, you will find the pictures may show you in what pins your wires go to.
Its a Hit or Miss on FB.Market Place for buying any electronics. Pull it and wire it up at the vehicles 12v battery to see if it powers on...

About this thread

huberoy123

10+ year member
huberoy123
Delaware
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from